Offer an online course to your members
One of the benefits you can offer members is access to content related to your podcast, like an in-depth course you teach on the same subject. This guide explains how to do that. In this case, you’ll be using a combination of Zapier and an online course platform that has a Zapier integration.
Why offer access to an online course?
Your audience keeps coming back to you because they appreciate your knowledge on a particular topic. One way to help them deepen their understanding of that topic is by offering an online course as part of that membership.
Which apps does this work with?
We’ve tested with the following apps:
If your desired tools aren’t listed above, it may still work. Search the Zapier directory or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you get it working with a different set of apps, we’d love to hear about it - let us know!
How it works
There are three accounts you’ll need:
- A published Glow account. We also recommend creating a test member that you can use to test your set-up. If you've signed up for your own Glow page using your email, that will work. If you haven't, register on your Glow page in a private browser using your own email address. This will serve as a member that you can test with in Zapier.
- An account with a supported online course tool.
- Zapier: The tool that will power these integrations
There are four steps to create your Zap:
- Choose "Glow" as your App and "Listener Added" as your Trigger Event
- Choose your desired online course tool tool as your second App
- Choose an action event for adding a subscriber to your online course. The action name and details will depend on the tool you've selected.
- Turn on your Zap
We’ve highlighted Teachable to walk through the set-up. If you use a different online course tool that integrates with Zapier, you can set that up, too, with a similar process.
Step 1: Sign up with Teachable
Create an account with Teachable here. Don’t worry if you don’t have an online course yet. You can create a dummy account to test with. Teachable is where your classes will be hosted. If you already have a Teachable school, keep the name handy; you’ll need your school’s URL (yourschoolname.teachable.com) to log into your Teachable account on Zapier.
Step 2: Create a zap
To create a Zap, click “Make a Zap” in Zapier.
Step 3: Connect Glow
First, choose “Glow” for your App and “Listener Added” for your Trigger Event
Next, Zapier will prompt you to sign into your Glow account.
Click “Test and Review.” You should see sample listeners. Find your “test member:” the member you created using your own email.
Then, click “Done editing.”
Step 4: Connect to Teachable
First, choose “+” to add an action. Choose “Teachable” for your App and “Enroll User in Course” as your Event.
Next, you’ll be prompted to sign into your Teachable account. In addition to your username and password, you’ll need your Teachable website name (schoolname.teachable.com) to sign in.
Now, fill in the details under Customize Enroll User:
- Course → Select the course you’d like to enroll your member in.
- Email address → Select the member’s email address.
- Name and Password (optional) → Feel free to skip this step. The member may already have a Teachable account, and if they don’t, Teachable will prompt them to set up what they need to access your course.
Then, click “Test and Review.” This will enroll your test contact into your Teachable course.
Step 5: Turn on your Zap
This part is easy! Click Turn Zap On, and you're ready to roll.
If you’re just trying out Teachable for the first time, you don’t have to subscribe to the professional level yet: just be aware you won’t be able to test the zap at the end of the setup process.