An exclusive newsletter can be fantastic addition to your membership benefits. While your community may be accustomed to connecting with you through your podcast, email presents a new opportunity. Here are a few ideas for content that's uniquely suited to be read from an email on one's smart phone:
Ideas for exclusive newsletters:
- Recommended reading for deeper dives into your podcast's subject matter
- News in your industry
- Written interviews with guests
- A monthly recap of podcast highlights
- Any content that's better-suited in an email than on a podcast or video
For example, The NewsWorthy offers members of its "Insider" program access to The NewsWorthy Weekly: "a weekly newsletter for The NewsWorthy community with ICYMI recaps, a note from Erica, listener features, company happenings, and more..."
How to send members an exclusive newsletter (set-up)
Once you've got a killer idea for an exclusive newsletter, it's time to set it up so that your members automatically receive your emails.
There are three accounts you'll need:
- A published Glow account.
- An account with an email automation tool. We recommend Mailchimp for its easy-to-use and well-designed email templates and integration capability. Other common email automation tools include ActiveCampaign and ConstantContact.
- A Zapier account. You'll need this to automatically subscribe and unsubscribe members from your newsletter.
Once you have these three accounts set up, you can send members an exclusive newsletter in three steps
- Create a list in your email automation tool. You'll send your newsletters to contacts in this list. In Mailchimp this is called an Audience.
- Automatically add new members to your email list by integrating Glow with your email automation tool.
- Automatically remove members from your email list when they cancel by integrating Glow with your email automation tool.
Now, when you log into your email automation tool and send a newsletter to your list, your members will receive their amazing, must-read exclusive content right in their inboxes.