By integrating Glow with your membership software, you’ll be able to automate the following activities:
- When a new member joins in your membership software, they will automatically be added to Glow and receive an email with access to their members-only podcast.
- When a member cancels in your membership software, they will automatically be removed from Glow and their podcast will stop updating with new episodes.
Your membership software must be in the Zapier app directory to integrate with Glow. If it isn’t, or if you aren’t sure, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Okay, let’s get started setting up Zapier.
Setting up your Zapier account
First, create a Zapier account or log into your Zapier account if you already have one.
Request access to the Glow Premium Zapier app by emailing email@example.com, noting the email associated with your Zapier account. You’ll receive an email from Zapier granting you access to Glow Premium; click the link in that email.
How much does Zapier cost?
Zapier has several pricing options depending on the number of Tasks you will trigger each month. Your number of Tasks will likely equal the sum of your new members and those who cancel in a given month. Zapier is free for up to 100 Tasks per month. Bulk-importing your current members does not count towards your Task total. (We’ll go over bulk-importing your current members in Step 4.)
Building your Zap to automatically add new Members to Glow
This Zap is the sequence that listens for new members, adds them to Glow, and triggers the email sent to your members with access to their members-only podcast.
This Zap will take the “ID” and “Email” properties of each new member as defined by your membership software, and create a listener in Glow.
The set-up of your Zap will depend on which membership software you use. Below are set-up guides for a few membership softwares. If you don’t see the software you use for your membership, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or schedule a free call with a Glow Implementation Specialist.
Building your Zap to automatically remove members who cancel from Glow
This Zap is the sequence that listens for member cancellations and removes them from Glow by matching the user ID.
Like the previous step, the set-up of this Zap will depend on which membership software you use. Below are set-up guides for a few membership softwares. If you don’t see the software you use for your membership, contact email@example.com, or schedule a free call with a Glow Implementation Specialist.
Test your Zapier integration
Once you have set up and published each Zap, sign up for your membership with a test-user to make sure that your integration is working properly and new members are receiving their members-only podcast.
- Sign up for your membership with one of your own email addresses.
- Check your inbox. You should have received an email from “[PODCAST NAME] via Glow”
- Log in to your Glow dashboard. You should see that email address listed under your podcast.
- Cancel your membership with the same test-user.
- Refresh your Glow dashboard. You should no longer see that email address listed under your podcast.